2017年9月3日日曜日

Vancouver trip Day 6

Everyday sunny day!
On day 6, we rented bikes, riding around the city.
Like Citibike in NY. There are many bike docks in city, we can leave bike everywhere.
Seems nicer bike than NY one...

Downtown in Vancouver is not so huge, with bike it's easy to look around, just be careful.
This is the narrowest building in the world. World record!
It's attached to next building, I wonder how to measure the width...what's the criteria to call "building".


Headed to Main street, stopped by Cartems donuterie.
Very open air, comfortable café.
Needless to say, donut was delicious and fresh.
(Personally, I prefer Lucky's doughnuts from yesterday.)

As this area is called Mount Pleasant, there are slopes, it was hard to ride a bike for me, had to get off a few times.

We walked around Main street area browsing some stores.
Clothes shop, record shop, yarn store, etc.

Then took bikes again, went to west, crossed the cambie street bridge.

What to do on this day was visiting Vancouver art gallery.
On Tuesday after 5, free entrance day! (Actually they recommend $10 for adult)
But everybody thinks same thing, the line was soooooo long, like forever.
After a long wait, we could enter.
Now they have Claude Monet's special exhibition.
In NY, there are some collections too but here, there are many others.

And this gallery's most famous property is Emily Carr's collection.
She is the one of famous Canadian female artist.
Her painting about tree is very unique.
I wondered how she did see the nature like that but next day we went to North Vancouver, I felt I could understand the reason a bit.

This is not huge museum, we could see all floors, though I recommend to line up earlier.

For dinner, went to Vietnamese restaurant close to our place.
We entered at last order time, I felt hurry, but tasted good.
Pho noodle, I expected shrimp or seafood, all are beef based soup.
This is another noodle, seafood mix. I don't see crabmeat like fish cake often in abroad(^^;



 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

DS160 form

Since I received instruction from Embassy, I started to fill the online form DS-160. I did once when I applied F1 visa. At that time, sta...