2017年9月10日日曜日

The Tower of Babel exhibition

I take a break from Vancouver trip blog this time (please don't say I'm always taking a break from updating(^^;) )

I got a day off so visited The National Museum of Art, Osaka.
Now they have Collection of Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen Bruegel's "The Tower of Babel" and Great 16th Century Masters.

You might have seen this famous painting?
This exhibition has started since July 18th, I expected now already quiet, especially, this day was weekday.
Without waiting, I could buy ticket and enter.
They have some sculptures, Jheronimus Bosch artworks, and other artists' paintings.
Last section, there is Babel.
In front of it, there was long line to only see it!

The reason is this masterpiece is like miniature.
Its size is 60 x 75cm, not big at all but it has over 1400 people on panel!
How precise!
Each person is drawn less than 3mm, we can see it clearly even 300% enlarged.
This lets the tower stand out enormously huge.

After exit, there is official character of this exhibition.
He's from "Big fish Eat Little Fish" by Bruegel.
If you look up this painting, you can find this imaginary creature easily. (more serious looking)

Besides him(?), on Bruegel painting, there are many monsters and unique creatures,
when you have a chance to see, it's fun to look for.


 
 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

DS160 form

Since I received instruction from Embassy, I started to fill the online form DS-160. I did once when I applied F1 visa. At that time, sta...