2017年9月23日土曜日

My jewelry making process

I show you how to make my jewelry.
My jewelry is, mostly "word picture" design, shaped with word.

First, decide a motif.
Here I picked up penguin.
The upper left is Arabic word that means "penguin".
Draw penguin sketch, try to fit the word, this way, that way, turn round, separate, combine...
Once come up with good balance, I draw it precisely on graph paper.
By then, it takes sometimes half year, sometimes 10 minute, sometimes seems never (T_T)

Attach designed tracing paper on metal sheet, drill holes, start to cut by hand saw.
My favorite time! This cutting process is like meditating moment.
My design has lots of curvy line, I break saw once in a while.

After cutting out, file the all edges. until cutting marks are disappeared.
That makes it look shiny.

Sand with paper from coarse to fine grid.
I drop some water to avoid clogging.

Buffing with Leutor (micro grinder).
It gets very hot quickly, I hold it wrapping with leather.
Around here becomes very dusty, I need mask and goggles because it spins very fast with splashing polishing paste.
If I go out after this work, I should change cloths, wash my face, makeup again (^_^;)
I wash it with toothbrush to remove buffing paste, wish I had ultrasonic.

Only plating, I ask plating factory where deals with fine jewelry, I can trust their quality.

This is the photo I use on my etsy page, Penguin pendant.Taking product's photo is another difficult thing.
I'm always looking for good idea, balance, small tools.

Basically this is how to make my jewelry.



 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

DS160 form

Since I received instruction from Embassy, I started to fill the online form DS-160. I did once when I applied F1 visa. At that time, sta...