2017年9月17日日曜日

Vancouver trip Day 10

This day, there was Powell Street Festival, which is my friend told us.
It's related to Japanese culture, holding by Japanese society.
We met my friend and his girl friend at the park.
There are many booths, events, show, novelties etc.
We visited Japanese archery show. (That was the first time to see even to me!)

Famous vendor, Japadog. (again)
There used to be in New York, very popular...why they're gone?? Because of high rent?
This Oroshi (grated radish) dog, I like a lot! Radish neutralizes sausage fat, makes light taste.
My BF once ate this before in NY, but that time, it was not so good, seemed Oroshi was not fresh??
Or just his taste changed?

We met my friend's friend from college and her boy friend. Both are Japanese.
It was fun to talk to them, listen to others experiences.
But I prefer sightseeing than Japanese festival so after a while we said good by.

We walked to east along railway, there is brewery area.
After 40mins walk, finally we arrived Parallel 49 brewing!
How many beer do they have?
I had a difficulty with choosing, I ordered their flights set.

Very nice! Especially after long walk!
Around there, we don't see much restaurant, bar, stores.
We passed factory-looking building, tent city, some murals.
Then suddenly, this bar has lively atmosphere, crowded.

We tasted 8 kinds of beer, went back to city by bus.
On this night, there was 3rd night of Celebration of Light.
Before long wait, we decided to have African dinner at Simba.
I liked Muhogo which is deep fried cassava root.
We're not familiar with African food, all are interesting to us.
In Japan, I've been to Kenya restaurant once with my friends who learned Swahili and traveled Kenya. But it was more than 10 years ago, my memory got vague.

After dinner, we got coffee, headed to beach.
Not as close as last time, but we were in front again, could enjoy fireworks a lot.
That night was Canadian show, that was awesome.
One more good thing was we could catch the bus easier than last time(*^_^*)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

DS160 form

Since I received instruction from Embassy, I started to fill the online form DS-160. I did once when I applied F1 visa. At that time, sta...