2017年11月6日月曜日

Idea is invisible

Currently I'm working for jewelry company which I was in before going to NY besides satokomatsu activity.
Difference is now I am part time worker.
Like before, I design jewelry.

What I feel in these days is as long as designer is belonging to company, if his or her idea also belongs to company.
When I was full time worker, I didn't think of, because I didn't have any other job and I felt myself was with company.
Literally I worked FOR company.
Company doesn't help me but work helped me when I had difficult time in my life.
For them, it doesn't matter whoever designs best seller jewelry.
They care about only sales.

Now I feel they can use our idea as much as they want.
Like our idea comes from never ends spring.
Drawing time is in office hour but thinking time and resource idea always don't come from during office hour.
From our personal activity and experience.
Those can't be replaced by anybody.

Why I thought of this is our retailer posted my drawing on their poster as their own designer's work.
In this case, idea is theirs, they sent us very rough sketch, I redesigned for real jewelry.
I submitted them to confirm.
At this point, my paper belongs to them?

Another case, I was designing for years for only one customer, one stone.
I proposed hundreds of design according to his request.
Sometimes due date was suddenly set on next day or even on that day.
It ended up totally simple product, no need to be designed.
Set on readymade mounting.

The biggest problem was I didn't meet the customer face to face, one sale was between us.
I feel he took advantage of me.
What was my effort?
No explanation to me.
Okay, maybe I couldn't satisfy him.
But I feel I wasted my working time, I could've worked on other things.

Idea is invisible, I hope company evaluate properly.
Otherwise nobody wants to show their idea to company. 



  

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

DS160 form

Since I received instruction from Embassy, I started to fill the online form DS-160. I did once when I applied F1 visa. At that time, sta...