2017年11月27日月曜日

Japanese traditional music concert

Yesterday I went to Yoshida Brothers concert!

They are famous Tsugaru Shamisen players.
Shamisen is like Japanese Banjo, it has 3 strings.
Tsugaru Shamisen has very strong attack sound when they play.
Whey they play, for me, almost rock music (and I love rock music)

A few years ago, I saw their older brother's another group named "wasabi", that was the first time to see them and listen to real Shamisen sound.
At the time, they'd been already famous.
After seeing them, I visited music school for Tsugaru Shamisen trial lesson.
(At that point, I already decided to study in NY soon, so it was really trial)

I like this instrument's sound, besides, they are young unlike other Japanese traditional musicians.
They wear casual clothes sometimes.
We don't have to dress up.
(And in my opinion, drummer is very stylish and cool guy, I'm fun of him)

In these years they play abroad like in US, Brazil, Spain, Taiwan etc.
This video, they collaborated with rock band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc4AkEC_UWU

Seeing them, I think what being Japanese means.
I'll start to live in different country from next year.
I'm Asian, Japanese.
Not Christian, not Jewish, not Muslim.
What do those mean for living in US?
As a Japanese?

I'm proud that we have such cool music.
If you have a chance, please visit and listen to their music!

 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

DS160 form

Since I received instruction from Embassy, I started to fill the online form DS-160. I did once when I applied F1 visa. At that time, sta...