2018年8月4日土曜日

Yoshida brothers

I went to Yoshida brothers' concert on Aug 1st.

 
Last time at Osaka was including other instruments like drums.
This time "only shamisen", no other sounds.

Shamisen has 3 strings, that means 2 shamisens have 6 strings equal one guitar.
It was very rich sound. (I don't know how to describe)

 
Stage set is like this.
Moon and clouds are made of Sekishu-Washi, which is Japanese traditional paper.
This concert is one of Japan Value Project, Sekishu-Washi is very durable paper, they promote this.
Cloud part, paper includes shamisen strings that brothers consumed for 35 years.

Needless to say their playing, light effect, screen were also awesome.

Honestly, I'm not big fun of Japanese traditional music at all.
What fascinates me is Tsugaru-shamisen powerful sound, and Yoshida Brothers attitude or action.
They are still young (around 40) as a shamisen player, but keep trying to explore.
Collaboration with current rock band, Spanish sound, animation music etc.
(Younger brother often goes to Spain, teaches shamisen at collage)
Their appearances are also not like orthodox style.  

I guess, in classic field, starting new thing is difficult to be accepted.
Sometimes people who stick to authentic way refuse and criticize.

They keep challenging.
That motivates and encourages me a lot.





 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

DS160 form

Since I received instruction from Embassy, I started to fill the online form DS-160. I did once when I applied F1 visa. At that time, sta...