2018年8月15日水曜日

August 15th

Today is the anniversary of end of World War Ⅱ.
From the view of Japanese.
It's the day to pray for victims, pray for peace, swear we never bring a war again.

Just out of curiosity, I asked my fiancé if US has special meaning for today.
He hasn't heard much about that.
Japan takes August 15th as a special day, Emperor comments, so does Prime Minister at ceremony.

I looked up on internet, on Wikipedia,  September 2nd is regarded as the final day of WWⅡ in US.

He says Civil War or Battle with British, last day becomes important.
Japan's attitude is learning from past and American, mostly boast independence.(America first?)

Japan is single race country, monoculture, island and US is completely opposite.
America is shaped by different histories originating from different places, different religions.

When I talked to his dad, he said he enjoyed bowling when he was young.
Sounds like right after War ended.
As you know, Japan surrendered and after war, everybody was poor, worked very hard to survive, no entertainment.
I felt something.
That's the difference between winner and loser.

At the same point in the world, our countries had totally different life style.
And still same situation now in the world.

We study history always from OUR perspective.
We believe "We Are Right".
That's the beginning of conflict.

Fact is only one.
How to see it shapes you.





 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

DS160 form

Since I received instruction from Embassy, I started to fill the online form DS-160. I did once when I applied F1 visa. At that time, sta...