2017年8月12日土曜日

Vancouver trip Day 1

Long time no post!
Since last updated, I had my birthday, worked hard, then trip to Vancouver!


I booked Air Canada rouge because it's direct flight from Osaka to Vancouver and I was going to meet up my boyfriend at YVR airport.
I read some bad reputation about Air Canada rouge so my expectation was quite low then ended up not bad at all. One thing I missed is beer on a plane(^_^;)

At YVR airport. So called "welcome figure" welcomes us.
Here is not huge airport, however it's famous international airport, waited for only 2 hours, easily I could meet my boyfriend.

Our first meal (snack?) is Poutine from "NEW YORK FRIES".
BTW, this is not from NY.
Poutine is Canadian traditional food, originally from Quebec, now, very popular snack.
Orthodox one is French fries with gravy sauce, his choice was butter chicken with curd.
Wow, calory bomb! Tasted good but I felt travel sickness, couldn't eat much.
I guess fries and gravy sauce combination is addictive.

After a rest from arrival our place, not so early any more, we decided to explore our neighbor.
Seems many stores close early, are they morning person??
In winter, gets dark around 4pm, the other hand, in summer, around 8 is still bright.
We found a pub "slowcan".


My first beer in Canada. With citrus flavor, it soothed my throat. (There is backyard, could be chilly)
Speaking of pub, my dish is Fish'n chips.
Very crispy, good with beer!
Casual atmosphere, friendly staff, close to our place, we had relaxing night on the first day.







 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

DS160 form

Since I received instruction from Embassy, I started to fill the online form DS-160. I did once when I applied F1 visa. At that time, sta...