2018年12月24日月曜日

Escher exhibition

I visited Escher exhibition in Osaka.

He is one of my favorite artist.
He is well-known as an impossible objects and tessellation artist.
I don't remember my first encounter (maybe from art textbook) but remember I got his book in Italy.

Most of his art is flat like woodcut, lithographs, mezzotint.
However his works make us feel them 3D,or even more than 3D, almost next level of gravity.
Maybe because he has a background of architecture?
Every perspective is very accurate.
Still, we get confused which side we focus on.
That makes us not sure about the world how we see.
What we believe right may not be correct for others.
Are we right?

What we believe justice is wrong for others.
That makes conflict.
What makes it right is just majority.
How many people can get benefit from those conflicts?

At the same time, his expression would influence me a lot.
Reality is flat but doesn't look like just 2D.
How to make people feel more than one world is my next assignment.


   

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

DS160 form

Since I received instruction from Embassy, I started to fill the online form DS-160. I did once when I applied F1 visa. At that time, sta...