2017年12月13日水曜日

New hobby

I love handicraft since I was child.
Knitting, crochet, beads...etc.

Exactly this timing in last year, I found one more favorite by accident.
Tatting lace.
Unlike crochet, this method is making knots with bobbin.
Generally using very fine thread.

Last year I met one person who making tatting lace jewelry.
It was the first time to see such fine, small, sensitive and cute product.
By then, I've been familiar with crochet lace,
I got eager to try tatting lace.
She kindly let me know where I can get material, how she learnt tatting.
Maybe that was next weekend, I bought bobbin for tatting which is called shuttle.

Since then I love tatting lace!
My level is not making own pattern yet so usually I make motif from book or free pattern on internet.
This thread is mostly for embroidery, a bit harder than cotton thread.

This is my finest thread, DMC80.
For crochet lace, I use #40 and lizbeth is slightly finer than Olympus #40.
I enjoy my new hobby very much!


 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

DS160 form

Since I received instruction from Embassy, I started to fill the online form DS-160. I did once when I applied F1 visa. At that time, sta...